Friday, March 29, 2013

My Status Quo

I like to think that I'm rational, cautious, and realistic about the life I have.

I know that I'm spontaneous, impulsive, and idealistic about the life I'm willing to have.


The late Joseph Campbell was an American mythologist who wrote The Power of Myth, which contains the above idea and so much more.  I'm not one for defining how I operate by internalizing the philosophy of others, as I try to stay as genuine to my impulses as possible.  However...I feel that Campbell's take on bliss fits pretty darn well with my objectives here.

Another from Campbell:



What is following bliss?  I'm confident that it doesn't mean to follow every whim and indulge in unhealthy vices.  I'm just as confident that it means trusting yourself, and allowing yourself to follow a path that you may be unsure about.  

And the final Campbell thought:




I've embarked on a kind of track that I'm hoping has been there all the while, waiting for me, and that the life I'm about to live is right for me.  I'm creating this blog in order to reaffirm my path of bliss, and I'm hoping to open doors where there are now walls.  I'm attempting bravery, and I'm trusting that peace will follow.

Believe me, I am NOT confident about my choices. I'm second guessing myself at least once an hour, and I have moments of doubt so strong that I feel nothing but despair.  But isn't following bliss about embracing a life that may contain unknowns?  I'm willing to let go of the life I have planned in order to accept the life waiting for me, and I'm taking a risk that this is it, because I've known bliss since this happened into my path.

I've known Cody 21 days.  Seriously.  Like I said, I doubt myself hourly. But I'm making the conscious, active choice to embrace something deep in my heart, and there's this inkling that this could be something ridiculously beautiful.  

I really didn't mean to feel this strongly so soon.  Are these feelings doors the universe is already opening for me?  I'm willing to follow them through and explore all the unknowns.

Day by day, baby.  You're 8,889 miles away and you'll always be living in my tomorrow, but I've never felt closer to you.  You have my heart. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment